Friday, January 13, 2012

The Descendants in Hawaii

Some of you may remember my pathetic attempt at locating the elusive Johnny Depp a couple of summers ago during the filming of Pirates 4. The temporary residence of movie makers and actors is actually a common occurrence in the islands, and you never know who you could run into. Like Pierce Brosnan bicycling down the street. To be honest though, I think of actors as just normal people. No big deal. But spotting them can be a little fun. Makes for a good story anyway. 


The same summer, George Clooney was here filming "The Descendants," which was just recently released in theaters. And one afternoon, he was in my neighborhood, filming. He was in a Jeep with a dashboard hula girl repeatedly driving around the round-about - clogging traffic, I might add. And as for the evidence:


That was the best photo I could take with my cell phone, but oh well. It's him. I promise.

"The Descendants" was partly filmed at a cottage on Hanalei Bay, and in the evening, sometimes they would light up the street with their huge movie lights, and again, traffic would be clogged. 



And this is the view:



Rather beautiful, don't you think? I haven't seen "The Descendants" film yet, but I feel blessed to live in such a gorgeous atmosphere. It's better than a movie set. 




1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to see this!! Although..., I don't go to the movies..., so I'll have to wait a bit longer till I can watch it on demand. I want to see more of that adorable house!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...