Saturday, July 2, 2011

Eastside Beach Town

I recently had a quite a bit of time to kill one day so I thought I'd explore a small seaside town on the east coast of the island. Even though an island by its very definition is isolated and limited, I find that there's always something new to discover, some road never traveled. And though I've been in this town a thousand times, I still managed to find new things about it. This is the backdoor perspective, empty lots and rusty roofs included. Disorder and imperfection, beauty beneath a blue beaming sky. 

Surfboards can be strapped to any kind of vehicle...


Shee thin...



Something's rather beautiful and mysterious about this falling down house...


Cinder block house...


Rusting right into the ground...


Mower and Marine...




An Asian mural inside the Dragon Building...






A cute cafe stuffed between buildings..


Hundreds of orchids and all different...


Empty lot...


Fruit stand...




These are sold all over the place, but I still can't figure out what they're supposed to be...




Tower of lumber...


Untouched beauty...


The clearest water...




2 comments:

  1. love all the colourful signs and shops there!
    cheryl x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures! Looks like a lovely place. (:
    I just found your blog today! (:

    xoxo
    preppywifepreppylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...