Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Are You a Fan of Delicious Color?

Summer is slapping me in the face today. I'm sitting here between two breezeless windows, eating mint chocolate chip ice cream and listening to the Decemberists (ironically). I realize that for most of you on the mainland, summer has been slapping you a great deal harder, so I'll stop complaining. 



I have very exciting news though...

In my last post, I shared my article on How to Survive a Vacation in Hawaii in the hopes that I might get to the next round in the HubPages Share and Share A Like Contest. Surprisingly enough, a different hub, Fun Summer Activities with Sidewalk Chalk, was nominated for the Fan Faves round! If you want to help me win, you can vote right here on Facebook. It was fun putting this together and sharing a little of my love for sidewalk chalk (it's not just for kids). Some of my friends and I decorated the sidewalk at the beach park recently - yes, we felt like kids and yes, we had a great time. It was fun just adding a little more color to the world. Chalk art goes way beyond the neighborhood sidewalk though. Professional chalk artists create amazing 3-D paintings - talk about optical illusions! Some cities put together chalk festivals and Sidewalk Chalk Floods where the whole community colors the sidewalks of the city - it would be so much fun to go to one of those! 

So forgive me for this little self-serving post! I hope your summer is bright and colorful and full of sunshine! I was going to share my waterfall discovery with you, but I think I'll save it till next time....


2 comments:

  1. I love sidewalk art! There used to be an artist in Boston called Sidewalk Sam, he did amazing chalk art!

    Sounds like you and your friends had some fun too! That's great! I'll check out the FB voting for you!

    Thanks for stopping by Ocean Breezes & Country Sneezes . . . hope you didn't get too hungry!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh those were AMAZING!!! I love the ones that look like holes in the road where people walk around and that waterfall, unbelievable!!
    I love your articles, you are a wonderful writer! I will go cast my vote my friend! Good luck and the ice cream sounds yummy. :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...