Friday, September 24, 2010

Fall Feelings

It's that time of year again... the leaves are changing to tints of gold and vermillion, cider is pressed and poured, the wind is chilly and changing, and sweaters new and old are seeing the auburn light of autumn... Or so I'm told.

I've been looking at my Yankee Magazine, the September/October edition. I do believe I may be the only one in Hawaii who subscribes to Yankee. Pages upon pages of brilliant foliage and colorage. There's even an article on hard cider which is making my mouth water. Yes, I miss the Pennsylvania falls of my childhood: trips to the apple orchard, collecting the fallen maple leaves, carving pumpkins. Those were good times.

Now I'm in Hawaii, and I know I am supposed to be here right now. But something inside of me tells me it won't be forever, that I don't belong here and my roots are stuck in the ground of Somewhere Else. Maybe someday I'll be back home. Until then, I'll be harvesting the guava and making guava juice (is there such a thing as hard guava cider?).  


2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...